- Travel Info
- Information regarding Pre-arrival Online Registration Slip required for the Indian National intending to visit Hong Kong effective from 23rd Jan, 2017
Introduction of Pre-arrival Registration for Indian nationals
With effect from 23 January 2017, an Indian national intending to visit Hong Kong must first apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online, without which they would not be able to visit or transit Hong Kong visa-free (if seeking to enter the HKSAR during transit).
During online application for pre-arrival registration, the registrants would be asked to provide information such as their personal particulars, immigration and travel history, details of their planned visit to Hong Kong, etc and the application result can be returned to them in real time. Upon successful registration, the registrant must print on his/her own a "Notification Slip for Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals" generated by the computer system for presentation together with the specific Indian passport linked to the pre-arrival registration to the transport operators before boarding a conveyance (including an aircraft) bound for Hong Kong and upon arrival immigration clearance in Hong Kong. Indian passport holders without their pre-arrival registration, or not belonging to one of the exempted categories would not be allowed to board a conveyance bound for Hong Kong.
- The registrant should visit the designated GovHK website (www.gov.hk/en/apps/immdindianparreg.htm) for pre-arrival registration. The registrant must truthfully enter the correct information. The information the registrant provides in the pre-arrival registration needs to be exactly the same as it appears in his/her Indian Passport. After inputting the required information, the computer system will process the registration automatically. The registration result will be made known to the registrant instantly.
- The successful registrant must print the "Notification Slip for Pre-arrival Registration for Indian Nationals" (the notification slip) generated by the computer system on a sheet of blank A4 white paper.
- The registrant must check the inputted data on the notification slip to confirm it is correct and exactly the same as it appears on the specific Indian passport that he/she has used to apply for pre-arrival registration successfully before signing the slip. The notification slip must be used in conjunction with the specific Indian passport that is linked to the pre-arrival registration. In case the registrant renews or replaces his/her Indian passport or changes his/her personal particulars after pre-arrival registration, the registrant must re-apply on the strength of the new passport or personal particulars. For a registrant who is under 16 years of age, either his/her parents or legal guardian must check the inputted data and sign the slip.
- In case the pre-arrival registration cannot be completed, an Indian national must apply to the Immigration Department for an entry visa if he/she intends to visit the HKSAR. Such applications must be submitted directly to the Immigration Department. Chinese diplomatic and consular missions will not accept visit visa applications from Indian nationals.